Friday, May 22, 2009

Show your house Friday!


Today on Kelly's Blog, is show your Dining room. Since we are moving in June my house is turned upside down right now. I searched up some old pics of the dining room so I have those posted below. I think this will be my last post for show your house friday's ;( as all my rooms are getting filled with boxes and emptied out more and more each day.

My Dining Room! Soon to be just a memory ;(
Story behind the table; That is not just any table, nope... Under neath that is a Poker table ahah!
Our Brother in laws made us a big poker table when we moved in here 4 years ago. At that time we had no furniture and decided to just put a wood slab above it and here we are with our dining room table that transforms into a poker table when guests are over. Finally it will go into the basement of the new house ;)





The big Paris picture. We got this at ikea and I just love it!

Everyday I have been packing a little more, and a little more each day I get more nervous and a little stressed. This was our first home together and so many memories were made here. Ugh I'll take it day by day ;)



This is the dining room in the new house; Minus their furniture and curtains lol and paint color! and chandelier, they are taking it.
I have many ideas for this room. I'm thinking a soft beige (what else lol, I love beige!) I want to get white shutters for the windows. Since I have a cat, curtains do not go well with her. Her fur would be all over them. I'm not sure yet to what type of furniture or color of furniture we will get, but I'm thinking since the room is very long, I may had 2 sitting chairs and the end with a little round table, kind of like a reading area. What do you think? I'm going to head over to Kelly's blog and check out all the beautiful dining rooms for some ideas!

6 comments :

  1. LOVE the yellow table clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice house and have a wonderful week-end :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that pic of paris! i wonder if ikea still has that pic for sale, it would go really go in my tv room above my couch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for letting us see your dining room. (and the new one too!)

    (p.s. I love that the table is a poker table. Nice hand me down!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the punch of yellow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Find all kinds of Dining Room Furniture India at theurbandecor.com.Some of the best designs you will find online.

    ReplyDelete